- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Education: B.S. Engineering; or a two-year degree with extensive experience
Manufacturing Maintenance Solutions (MMS) looking for Industrial Controls & Automation Engineer. Engineer will execute a project through the full project life cycle including but not limited to; Project procurement, Electrical Controls Design, and Project Management. Meets with the customer to discuss requirements and provide cost effective designs, and accurate quotes for labor and material.
Location: Pekin, Illinois
Compensation/Hours: Full-time, 1st shift 7:00AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday
- This position is an exempt position and hours will flex as business requires
- Starting wage offer will be based on candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or a two-year degree with extensive experience in Control System design.
- Industrial Communication Protocols Knowledge of factory communications such as RS-232, Industrial Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, and Profibus
- Knowledge of variable speed drives is required
- Hands-on Engineer Troubleshooting skills (using a meter/scope/PC to trace a problem)
- Motion Control Experience with specifying, integrating, programming, tuning and/or commissioning different electric motor VFD and/or servo control systems.
- Understands the basics of motion control (PID loop tuning, etc.)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with CNC Machine Tools
- Understanding of machine tool design and concepts
- Understands basic machining nomenclature
- Understands axis control methods (feedback methods, fully closed vs semi-closed positioning, position compensation methods, etc.)
- Understands spindle / table drive concepts
- Robot programming / teaching experience
- Experience with 3D Modeling
- Familiarization with vision systems
- Experience with Allen-Bradley products (RSLogix 500 & 5000)
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) circuit design and/or troubleshooting
- Familiarity with the following standards: NFPA 70 (NEC) NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety)
Project Management Duties & Execution
- Familiarization and adherence with safety standards and risk assessment procedures
- Tracks project costs (material and labor) and timelines.
- Communicate regularly with the customer to coordinate project schedules and status.
- Work with internal managers to handle project manpower (labor) needs.
- On-site at customer location for project installation.
- Project start-up: power-up, commissioning, system testing & troubleshooting. Required Skills & Qualities:
- Design complete industrial electrical control systems including: electrical schematics, panel layouts, conduit layouts, BOMs, network diagrams, etc.(Preferred design environment is AutoCAD.)
- Specify and purchase the necessary material for a project.
- Design coordination with other internal departments (mechanical engineers, millwrights, welders, etc.)
- Calculate panel ratings (SCCR, arc flash level, FLA, etc.)
- PLC Programming (ladder logic, structure text, function block, etc.): Understands complex PLC/PAC programming methods
- Visual Display Layout / Programming (HMIs, Touch Screens, etc.)
- Drawing in a 2D CAD Environment Proficient in CAD drawing/drafting methods
- Understanding of Ethernet Networks Understands ethernet networking concepts, ie: addressing, packets, etc.
- NFPA 79 (Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery)
- ANSI/RIA R15.06 (Robot Safety)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The duties of this position will be performed primarily in a factory environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate effectively
- Travel in and around a factory, office facilities and around the job site out-of-doors
- Safely climb and/or maneuver over, under and around equipment
- Use close and color vision
- Operate tools and equipment as required
- Lift or move 50+ pounds occasionally
Benefits (Waiting period may apply):
- Medical Insurance:
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance – Offered
- 401K/Roth IRA – Offered
- 80 hours Vacation (accrual begins after 30 days of employment)
- 10 paid Holiday