- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Experience Needed: 1 year or more
Manufacturing Maintenance Solutions (MMS) is looking for a Design Engineer with below the-hook lifting device design experience and industrial manufacturing skill set in the Peoria/Pekin area. Lifting Device Design Engineer (LDDE) will be reporting to customer’s location daily. Lifting device design experience and experience in heavy machinery industrial manufacturing preferred.
Location: Pekin, Illinois
Compensation/Hours: Full-time, 1st shift 7:00AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday
- This position is an exempt position and hours will flex as business requires.
- Starting wage offer will be based on candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Qualifications & Job Duties
- Ability to identify root cause of lifting device non-performance and provide engineered solutions for the development of new lifting devices and modifications to existing lifting devices.
- Competent user of 3D Solid Modeling CAD, ideally Pro-E/Creo
- Read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings for lifting devices.
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
- Provide test documents on below the hook lifting devices.
- Understands significance of analysis data, ergonomics and safety aspects of the design task, and incorporates these elements.
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and through consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- Drive standardization of components and sub-assemblies within the product line.
- Investigate and address customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Remain knowledgeable of current industry and safety standards.
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to work independently or with a team.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices.
- Experience with ERP systems a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office – including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- May cut, assemble, and weld metal parts, using arc or acetylene welding equipment [Welder, Combination welding].
- Ability to use hand tools: Small powered equipment (saws, drills, etc.), and other shop equipment.
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions
** Ability to use and understand maintenance CMMS systems is a plus **
- Strict adherence to safety regulations and policies
- Prepare and submit daily maintenance reports containing information obtained during shift: Safety concerns and / or observations, Work performed, Current work order status
- Accountable for the equipment with which the employee works or has control over, as well as the need for observation of the process/product to minimize product loss.
- Responsible for any equipment requiring maintenance work.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate parts use records.
- Responsible for all materials and tools used on the job or special projects
- Responsible for maintaining product integrity.
- Responsible for company equipment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The duties of this position will be performed primarily in a factory environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate effectively
- Travel in and around a factory, office facilities and around the job site out-of-doors
- Safely climb and/or maneuver over, under and around equipment
- Use close and color vision
- Operate tools and equipment as required
- Lift or move 50+ pounds occasionally
Benefits (Waiting period may apply):
- Medical Insurance:
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance – Offered
- 401K/Roth IRA – Offered
- 80 hours Vacation (accrual begins after 30 days of employment)
- 10 paid Holidays