- Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Needed: 2 years or more
Manufacturing Maintenance Solutions (MMS) looking for Multi-skilled Heat Treat Technician in a Heat Treat environment. Technicians work out of the main office in Pekin, IL and are assigned to customer locations. Customer sites may vary day to day, depending on customer requirements and service needs. Technicians will performed the installation, assembly, repair, dismantling, and maintenance of compressors (reciprocating, gas, skids, steam, and air compressors), heat treat equipment (hardening furnaces, gas generators, quench equipment, heat exchangers, induction equipment) and any other auxiliary equipment associated with the heat treat process according to layout plans, blueprints, and schematics.
Location: Peoria, IL Area
Compensation/Hours: Full-Time, 2nd or 3rd shift
- The successful candidate maybe asked to work weekends and overtime on a regular basis, hours will flex as business requires.
- Starting wage offer will be based on candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in maintenance field, industrial maintenance experience with industrial heat treat equipment. Knowing nitride equipment and process is a plus.
- Proficiency in the following: Electrical maintenance, (PLC experience a big plus) mechanical maintenance, millwright, welding, and pipe fitting
- Ability to work on main furnace drives, quench systems, gas generators, (Able to work on induction heating equipment is a plus).
- Ability to use hand tools, small powered equipment (saws, drills, etc.), and other shop equipment
- Analyze current conditions on a consistent basis to make strategic changes, adjustments, and major overhauls as needed.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Adjust and troubleshoot equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot heat treat process parameters (temperature controller, dew point, atmosphere flows, quench pressures, and water temperatures.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery
- Fabricate parts or components
- Repair / replace worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability to prepare simple written reports
- Ability to analyze information and to make an informed decision based on that information
- Ability to use and understand maintenance CMMS systems is a plus
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a team environment. Will work alone or as a member of a work crew, depending on the work assignment
- Strict adherence to safety regulations and policies
- Accountable for the equipment with which the employee works or has control over, as well as the need for observation of the process/product to minimize product loss
- Responsible for any equipment requiring maintenance work
- Responsible for maintaining accurate parts use records
- Responsible for all materials and tools used on the job or special projects
- Responsible for maintaining product integrity
- Responsible for company equipment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The duties of this position will be performed primarily in a factory environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate effectively
- Travel in and around a factory, office facilities and around the job site out-of-doors
- Safely climb and/or maneuver over, under and around equipment
- Use close and color vision
- Operate tools and equipment as required
- Lift or move 50+ pounds occasionally
Benefits (Waiting period may apply):
- Medical Insurance:
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance – Offered
- 401K/Roth IRA – Offered
- 80 hours Vacation (accrual begins after 30 days of employment)
- 10 paid Holidays