- Salary Range: $20-$30 per hour; Commensurate with experience
- Experience Needed: Minimum 18 months industry experience
- Education: H.S. Diploma or equivalent (GED); Associate Degree
Manufacturing Maintenance Solutions is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of Maintenance Technician. Maintenance Technicians repair manufacturing equipment and work to ensure machines run at peak performance.
We are hiring for a range of skill levels and compensation will be based on the candidate’s level of experience as determined during the interview/hiring process.
Location: Kansas City Area
Hours/Compensation: Full-Time, 1st shift, Monday-Friday
- The successful candidate may be asked to work weekends and overtime on a regular basis, hours will flex as business requires.
- Starting wage range is $20-30 per hour. Starting wage offer will be based on candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities
Under supervision, this role performs mechanical or electrical troubleshooting and repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment according to manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Performs entry to mid-level break-fix preventative maintenance. This includes but not limited to: adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments to sustain and improve operations repairing or replacing defective parts reconditioning or repairing machine tools.
- Identifies needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
- Provides support and back up for other members of department as needed by leadership.
- Is aware of Maintenance Industry Standards.
- Assures compliance with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Participates in CI activities – processes, results and cost savings.
- May be required to setup and operate simple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform basic welding tasks.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of control systems circuitry.
- Completes technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The duties of this position will be performed primarily in a factory environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate effectively
- Travel in and around a factory, office facilities and around the job site out-of-doors
- Safely climb and/or maneuver over, under and around equipment
- Use close and color vision
- Operate tools and equipment as required
- Lift or move 50+ pounds occasionally
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors :
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED) – Required
- Associates degree with a Technical focus or 18 months of related experience in general industry.
- Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools.
- Basic crane experience
- Industrial HVAC, Carpentry, plumbing (desired)
Benefits (Waiting period may apply):
- Medical Insurance
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance – Offered
- 401K/Roth IRA – Offered
- 80 hours Vacation (accrual begins after 30 days of employment)
- 10 paid Holidays