- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Manufacturing Maintenance Solutions (MMS) looking for Refractory Masons Associates. Refractory Mason Associates work out of the main office in Pekin, IL, and are assigned to customer locations. Customer sites may vary day to day, depending on customer requirements and service needs. Refractory Masons Associates perform the installation, repair, and maintenance of various types of refractory insulation on heat treat furnaces, gas generators, and other related equipment.
Location: Pekin, IL; Travel may be required
Compensation/Hours: Full-Time, 1st shift, Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM
- The successful candidate may be asked to work weekends and overtime on a regular basis, hours will flex as business requires.
- Starting wage offer will be based on candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Willing to learn and train “On the Job” about materials and installation methods of various types of refractory materials.
- Perform refractory repairs and installation under direct supervision.
- Demonstrate safe working practices and procedures.
- Help use and manage materials and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Perform basic mechanical assembly and disassembly.
- Operate forklift & man lifts.
- Use and maintain masonry hand tools, small powered equipment (saws, drills, etc.), and other shop equipment.
- Help set up and layout projects by measuring, leveling, and squaring.
- Good verbal communication skills with customers and fellow employees.
- Carry out verbal and written instructions so that work is performed safely and properly.
- Work efficiently as a team member.
- Strict adherence to safety regulations and policies.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Responsible for the equipment with which the employee works or has control over.
- Responsible for any equipment requiring maintenance work.
- Responsible for all materials and tools used on the job or special projects.
- Responsible for maintaining product integrity.
- Responsible for company equipment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The duties of this position will be performed primarily in a factory environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate effectively
- Travel in and around a factory, office facilities and around the job site out-of-doors
- Safely climb and/or maneuver over, under and around equipment
- Use close and color vision
- Operate tools and equipment as required
- Lift or move 50+ pounds occasionally
Benefits (Waiting period may apply):
- Medical Insurance
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance – Offered
- 401K/Roth IRA – Offered
- 80 hours Vacation (accrual begins after 30 days of employment)
- 10 paid Holidays