- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Experience Needed: 3 years or more
Manufacturing Maintenance Solutions (MMS) looking for Refractory Masons. Refractory Masons work out of the main office in Pekin, IL, and are assigned to customer locations. Customer sites may vary day to day, depending on customer requirements and service needs. Refractory Masons perform the installation, repair, and maintenance of various types of refractory insulation on heat treat furnaces, gas generators, and other related equipment.
Location: Pekin, IL; Travel may be required
Compensation/Hours: Full-Time, 1st shift, Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM
- The successful candidate may be asked to work weekends and overtime on a regular basis, hours will flex as business requires.
- Starting wage offer will be based on candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in masonry field.
- Demonstrate safe working practices and procedures.
- Use and manage materials and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Remove and install refractory brick in walls, ceilings, floors and arches when performing repairs or rebuilds.
- Mixing and installing poured castables.
- Install ceramic fiber blanket and modules.
- Install vacuum formed insulation. * Weld refractory anchors.
- Perform basic mechanical assembly and disassembly.
- Operate forklift & man lifts.
- Use and maintain masonry hand tools, small powered equipment (saws, drills, etc.), and other shop equipment.
- Read, interpret, and follow blueprints and detailed drawings.
- Set up and layout projects by measuring, leveling, and squaring. * Troubleshoot and repair refractory issues.
- Prepare and submit simple written reports.
- Work as a team leader or as a member of a work crew, depending on the work assignment.
- Strict adherence to safety regulations and policies.
- Provide all necessary personal hand tools.
- Willing to work weekends and overtime when needed.
- Willing to travel when needed.
- Responsible for the equipment with which the employee works or has control over.
- Responsible for any equipment requiring maintenance work.
- Responsible for all materials and tools used on the job or special projects.
- Responsible for maintaining product integrity.
- Responsible for company equipment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The duties of this position will be performed primarily in a factory environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate effectively
- Travel in and around a factory, office facilities and around the job site out-of-doors
- Safely climb and/or maneuver over, under and around equipment
- Use close and color vision
- Operate tools and equipment as required
- Lift or move 50+ pounds occasionally
Benefits (Waiting period may apply):
- Medical Insurance:
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance – Offered
- 401K/Roth IRA – Offered
- 80 hours Vacation (accrual begins after 30 days of employment)
- 10 paid Holidays