Creating a great workplace
At MMS, we are committed to creating a workplace where people are inspired and can bring their best to work every day.
We believe this starts with a commitment to the people of MMS – to ensure a culture of integrity, innovation, and transparency. We foster a culture of inclusion so that all voices are valued and everyone can do their absolute best. Our promises to our customers are also promises to our team. As an employee-owned company, our customers’ successes are our successes as well…
We are proud to offer a comprehensive package of valuable benefits to protect your health, your family and your quality of life. The
following guide provides information about the benefits provided at MMS.
Becoming a better health care consumer starts by reading this guide and sharing it with the rest of your household. Not only does it have information on your health insurance options, it also includes details on benefit tools and resources to help you make informed decisions and stay well.
You are eligible for benefits if you work 30 or more hours per week. You also have the option to enroll yourself and any eligible family members in the plans of your choice. Eligible family members include:
- Your legally married spouse
- Your registered domestic partner and/or their children, where applicable by state law
- Your children who are your biological children, stepchildren, adopted children or children for whom you have legal custody up to age 26. Disabled children age 26 or older who meet certain criteria may continue on your health coverage.
When adding dependents to your coverage, you must provide documentation that verifies your dependents are eligible for health care coverage.
Please provide proof of dependent eligibility at time of enrollment.
- Marriage certificate or notarized affidavit of domestic partnership
- Birth certificate
- Adoption certificate
When Coverage Begins
Coverage begins on the first of the month after your hire date. (If you first day is the first of the month, You will be able to enroll immediately.) You must complete the enrollment process within 5 days of your eligibility event. If you enroll on time, coverage is effective on the day you become eligible. If you fail to enroll on time, you w ill NOT have benefits coverage (except for company-paid benefits). Your next opportunity to enroll will be during the annual Open Enrollment
Due to IRS regulations, you cannot change your elections until the next annual Open Enrollment period, unless you have a qualified life event during the year. Following are examples of the most common qualified life events:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Child reaching the maximum age limit
- Death of a spouse, registered domestic partner or child
- You lose coverage under your spouse’s/registered domestic partner’s plan
- You gain access to state coverage under Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
To make changes to your benefit elections, you must contact Human Resources within 31 days of the qualified life event (including newborns). Be prepared to show documentation of the event such as a marriage license, birth certificate or divorce decree. If changes are not submitted on time, you must wait until the next Open Enrollment period to make your election changes.